Chicken piccata with broccolini
Garlic-flavored olive oil
4 tsp, divided
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 pound(s), ends trimmed
¾ tsp, divided
¼ tsp, freshly ground, divided
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), cut into 4 thinly sliced cutlets
Fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp, drained
1 Tbsp, chilled
2 Tbsp, chopped
1 item(s), sliced, for garnish (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tsp oil over medium-high. Add broccolini and drizzle with ¼ cup water. Cover and cook, tossing occasionally, until broccolini is crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Transfer to a large plate.
- Combine flour and remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper on another plate. Dip chicken in flour and turn to coat, shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp oil over medium-high in same skillet. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 2½ minutes per side. Transfer to plate with broccolini.
- Add broth, lemon juice, and capers to same skillet and bring to boil. Simmer, occasionally scraping browned bits from bottom of skillet, until sauce is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken to sauce on 1 side of skillet and add broccolini on other side. Reheat chicken and broccolini, turning in sauce to coat, for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer chicken and broccolini to plates. Swirl butter and parsley into sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken and broccolini. Garnish with lemon slices (if using).
- Serving size: 1 chicken cutlet, 1 cup broccolini, and 1½ tbsp sauce