- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into large chunks
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 large fresh tomato(es), chopped
- 1 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 1 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp paprika, sweet-variety
- 8 oz uncooked linguini, broken into 3-in pieces
- 3 cup(s), shredded cooked green cabbage, shredded
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
Place chicken, onion, tomato, broth, salt and paprika in a heavy pot; bring to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat. Cook, partially covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 30 to 40 minutes.
While chicken mixture is cooking, cook noodles according to package directions. Add cabbage to noodle pot about 5 minutes before noodles will be done cooking so they can boil together; drain.
When chicken is cooked through, combine flour with 2 tablespoons water until it forms a paste; add about 3/4 cup cooking liquid to flour mixture bowl and mix well. Stir flour mixture into chicken mixture and simmer until liquid thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
To serve, spoon chicken mixture over noodle mixture. Yields about 2/3 cup chicken and 2/3 cup noodles/cabbage per serving.
- For more intense flavor, use hot or smoked paprika.