- 20 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 pound(s) Cremini mushrooms, or other varieties, halved
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 large uncooked carrot(s), chopped
- 1 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, chopped
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup(s) white wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
- 4 cup(s) cooked whole wheat pasta, fettuccine, hot
Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and the mushrooms to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, and herbes de Provence. Cook just until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes; sprinkle with the flour. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute longer. Add the broth and wine and bring to a boil.
Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley, if using. Serve with the pasta. Yields 1 chicken breast, 2⁄3 cup sauce with vegetables, and 1 cup pasta per serving.