- 6 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), peeled and smashed with a knife
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), washed, patted dry (four 4 oz pieces)
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup(s) whole milk plain yogurt, Greek-variety
- 1/8 tsp table salt, for cooking pasta
- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta, fettuccini
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano suggested
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, fresh, flat-leaf, finely chopped, divided
Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
Rub garlic over chicken; reserve garlic. Season chicken with salt and pepper and rub in seasonings with your hands; set aside.
Off heat, coat skillet with cooking spray and then set over medium-low heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken and cook until golden, flipping once, about 5 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine broth, heavy cream and yogurt; pour over chicken and scrape bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon to incorporate seasonings. Simmer chicken gently, turning once, about 30 minutes.
While chicken is cooking, bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Remove chicken from cream sauce and set aside. Add Parmesan cheese to cream sauce and mix until well-combined. Add cooked pasta and 3 tablespoons of parsley; toss well. Serve pasta topped which chicken and rest of parsley. Yields about 3 ounces of chicken and 2/3 cup of pasta/sauce per serving.
- For a hint of spice, you can add 1/4 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg to the sauce. You can also use basil instead of parsley.