Chicken-couscous bake with capers and tomatoes
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
4 thigh, 5 (ounce)
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Canned chicken broth
1½ cup(s), with lemon and herbs
2 Tbsp, drained and chopped
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the pepper and salt. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the broth and capers to the skillet, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Spread the couscous over the bottom of the baking dish. Pour the broth mixture over the couscous and stir to combine. Place the chicken on top of the couscous, then add the tomatoes. Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake until the chicken is cooked through and the broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and tomatoes to serving plates. Fluff the couscous with a fork and serve with chicken. Yields 1 chicken thigh with about 3⁄4 cup couscous mixture per serving.