Chicken-chipotle party bites
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
3 breast(s), halves (1 1⁄4 pounds)
Light sour cream
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 item(s), finely chopped
Store-bought adobo sauce
2 small, finely chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
Apple cider vinegar
Baked low fat tortilla chips
6 oz, about 36 chips
8 leaf/leaves, thinly sliced
- Combine the chicken, 1 teaspoon of the oil, 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt, the cumin, and paprika in a bowl; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Spray a ridged grill pan or nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 6 – 8 minutes on each side. Cool 5 minutes, then cut each breast into 12 thin slices; set aside.
- Combine the sour cream, chipotle, adobo sauce, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, then add the onions, garlic, and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 8 – 10 minutes. Add the cider vinegar and the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt; cook until the vinegar evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Top each tortilla chip with 1⁄2 teaspoon of the onion mixture, 1 slice of chicken, 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle cream, and a few slices basil. Yields 3 pieces per serving.