Chicken, zucchini and tomato salad over toasted pita bread
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
16 oz, 4 (4-ounce)
2 medium clove(s), or to taste, minced
⅛ tsp, fresly ground
1 large, cut lengthwise into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices
Shredded parmesan cheese
White pita bread(s)
2 small, (6-inch) halved horizontally
Reduced-calorie salad dressing
3 Tbsp, Caesar variety
Fresh lemon juice
6 cup(s), chopped, romaine, coarsely chopped
1 cup(s), or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with half of the garlic, 1⁄8 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper. Sprinkle the zucchini with the remaining 1⁄8 teaspoon salt.
- Spray a nonstick grill pan or skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and cook until tender and browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the zucchini to a plate. Add the chicken breasts to the grill pan and cook until lightly browned and just cooked through, 4–5 minutes on each side.
- Combine the remaining garlic and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese. Place the pitas rough-side up on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the cheese mixture. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 6–8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stack the zucchini slices and cut crosswise diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Thinly slice the chicken breasts on the diagonal.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese, the Caesar dressing, lemon juice, and mustard in a small bowl. Toss the zucchini, lettuce, and tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the dressing mixture in a large bowl. Top the pitas evenly with the zucchini-salad mixture, then arrange the chicken on top. Drizzle each with the remaining dressing mixture, then sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. yields 1 pitza per serving.