Chicken and tomatillo enchilada casserole
2 pound(s), husked and rinsed
1 cup(s), chopped (about 8)
½ cup(s), chopped fresh
1 medium, seeded and minced
2 large clove(s), minced
12 item(s), (6-inch)
Cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)
3 cup(s), chopped, shredded
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
Fat free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish or casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Put tomatillos in food processor and process until finely chopped. Stir together tomatillos, scallions, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, salt, and black pepper in large shallow bowl.
- Dip both sides of 1 tortilla into tomatillo mixture. Place tortilla on foil on work surface; top with about ¼ cup of chicken, ½ tablespoon of Mexican cheese blend, and 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Fold two opposite sides of tortilla over to enclose filling. Place enchilada, seam side down, in prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken, 5½ tablespoons of cheese, and sour cream, making total of 12 enchiladas. Pour remaining tomatillo mixture over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining 6 tablespoons cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 20 minutes; uncover and bake until heated through, about 10 minutes longer.
- Per serving: 2 enchiladas