Chicken and Tomatillo Enchilada Casserole
2 pound(s), husked and rinsed
1 cup(s), chopped (about 8)
½ cup(s), chopped fresh
1 medium, seeded and minced
2 large clove(s), minced
Cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)
3 cup(s), chopped, shredded
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
Fat free sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Process the tomatillos in food processor until finely chopped. In a large, shallow bowl, stir together the tomatillos, scallions, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Dip both sides of 1 tortilla into the tomatillo mixture. Place the tortilla on foil on work surface; top with about ¼ cup of the chicken, ½ tablespoon of the Mexican cheese blend, and 1 tablespoon of the sour cream. Fold the two opposite sides of tortilla over to enclose the filling. Place the enchilada, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, chicken, 5½ tablespoons of cheese, and sour cream, making total of 12 enchiladas. Pour the remaining tomatillo mixture over the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining 6 tablespoons cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 20 minutes; uncover and bake until heated through, about 10 minutes longer.
- Per serving: 2 enchiladas