Cheesy cauliflower gratin with crispy panko topping
3 pound(s), florets
Grated Pecorino cheese
1½ tsp, divided
1 cup(s), warmed
2 oz, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add cauliflower and cook until fork tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss together panko, Pecorino and 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add flour and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in warm milk until thick and smooth; stir in Gruyere, mozzarella, garlic, remaining teaspoon salt and nutmeg.
- Spoon cauliflower into prepared pan and pour cheese sauce over top; toss until well-mixed and then sprinkle with panko mixture. Bake until panko begins to brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve garnished with parsley. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.