- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 large uncooked Yukon gold potato(es), boiled or steamed whole, drained and cooled
- 1 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 small green pepper(s), chopped
- 1 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), sliced
- 1 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 oz low fat cheddar or colby cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup(s) low-fat evaporated milk
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 item(s) baked low fat tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes; layer in prepared baking dish. Bake potatoes until slightly crisp, about 10 minutes; remove baking dish from oven and set aside.
- While potatoes are baking, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat; add garlic, onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 7 to 10 minutes; remove to a plate, cover to keep warm and set aside. Add turkey to skillet; cook until browned, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add cooked vegetables, cumin, salt and pepper to turkey and stir to combine; spread mixture over potatoes in baking dish.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine cheese product, evaporated milk and crushed red pepper flakes; cover and microwave on high power until cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon melted cheese over turkey and sprinkle with tortilla chips. Bake for 35 minutes; remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.
Serve with ketchup, if desired (could affect SmartPoints value). Vary the flavor of this family favorite by substituting raw turkey sausage or ground sirloin for the turkey (could affect SmartPoints value).