Uncooked extra lean ground beef 96 % lean 4% fat
1 cup(s), chopped, finely chopped
White self-rising flour
1⅓ cup(s), plus more for sprinkling
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup(s), shredded
Unsweetened dill pickle(s)
¼ cup(s), chopped
4 tsp, plus more for serving (optional)
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
Dried sesame seed kernels
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium-high. Spray pan with nonstick spray. Add beef, onion, and salt and cook, stirring to crumble meat, until beef is cooked through and onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir flour and yogurt with wooden spoon until just combined. Knead dough in bowl with your hands until smooth, about 2 minutes. If dough is too sticky to knead, sprinkle with more flour, 1 tbsp at a time, until no longer sticky. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place large piece of parchment paper on work surface and sprinkle with flour. Place dough on parchment. Use knife to cut dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten into 5-inch round. Arrange 1 tbsp cheese in middle of each round. Top with about 2 tbsp beef, 11⁄2 tsp pickles, and 1⁄2 tsp mustard. Pull edges of dough up and over filling and pinch edges to seal. (If dough tears, pinch it back together.)
- On parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange dough balls, seam-side down. Brush dough balls with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Broil for additional minute for more browning. Serve with mustard for dipping (if using).
- Serving size: 2 cheeseburger bombs