Cauliflower gnocchi with marinara sauce by Digital 360 Coach Favin
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Favin’s family loves to share WW recipes with each other so they can feel together even when they’re apart. This homemade cauliflower gnocchi recipe is one of their favorites! You can make the recipe as written below or swap in frozen cauliflower florets to streamline your prep work. We serve the gnocchi with classic marinara but you can also use pesto, tomato-basil, or bolognese sauce instead. For an easy homemade red sauce, search “Quick homemade tomato sauce” in the WW app.
1 head(s), medium, cut into small florets (about 6 to 7 cups)
Store-bought marinara sauce
6 Tbsp, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add cauliflower and cook until fork tender, about 8 to 9 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup cooking water and then drain cauliflower well; let cool, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place drained cauliflower on a clean dish towel; squeeze out as much water as possible (you want the cauliflower to be very dry). Place cauliflower in a food processor; process until small crumbs form. Add flour and salt; pulse a few times until combined and dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface; knead a few minutes until smooth. Roll dough into a ball; cut into 4 equal pieces. Working with 1 piece at a time, roll dough into a long rope, about the width of your thumb; cut rope into 1-inch pieces. Lightly flour the tines of the back of a metal fork; roll each gnocchi over tines to create lines on gnocchi (this step is optional). Repeat with remaining 1-inch dough pieces and ropes.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat. Add gnocchi to pan in a single layer, making sure not to crowd pan (cook in batches, if necessary); cover and cook until browned on bottom (do not stir), about 3 minutes. Flip gnocchi, cover, and cook until tender and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more. If gnocchi still looks floury and underdone, add 2 tbsp reserved cooking water to pan, cover, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Gently toss gnocchi with warmed sauce, garnish with basil, and serve immediately.
- Serving size: 1 cup gnocchi (about 10 pieces) and ½ cup sauce