- Total Time
Look for nori and wasabi in your grocery store's Asian ingredients aisle, or take a trip to a Japanese food store.
nori seaweed1 sheet(s), dried
cooked white rice¼ cup(s), sticky
uncooked sliced wasabi root1 tsp, (Japanese horseradish)
surimi¼ oz, (imitation shellfish), cut into strips
avocado¼ cup(s), sliced
low sodium soy sauce1 Tbsp, for dipping
- Place nori on a work surface with the longer side facing you. Moisten with a damp cloth.
- Moisten your hands and spread rice over all but top 2 inches (5 cm) of nori.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of wasabi across middle of rice. Arrange surimi and avocado on top of it.
- Roll up bottom of nori until ends meet; seal. Cut into 6 pieces.
- Mix soy sauce and remaining 1/2 teaspoon wasabi in a small bowl and serve with roll.