1 medium, chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
Uncooked turkey sausage(s)
8 oz, smoked variety, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
Canned chicken broth
8 oz, baking-variety (about 1 medium), peeled
4 cup(s), stemmed and shredded
½ tsp, freshly ground
Hot pepper sauce
⅛ tsp, or to taste
- Spray a large saucepan with nonstick spray; set over medium heat. Add the onion; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add the sausage; cook, stirring often, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth; bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Using the small holes of a box grater, grate the potato into the stew. Stir well while returning to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Stir in the kale; cover and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the kale is tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, and hot red pepper sauce before serving. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.