Butternut Squash and Kale Flatbread
- Total Time
uncooked butternut squash1 ½ cup(s), cubed
black pepper1 pinch, to taste
cooking spray5 spray(s)
uncooked kale1 ½ cup(s), finely chopped
olive oil2 tsp
garlic clove(s)1 medium clove(s), minced
lemon(s)½ item(s), zest and juice
Flatout Flatbread Light original flatbread1 item(s)
reduced-fat goat cheese3 Tbsp
green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)½ Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Season squash cubes with pepper; place on a nonstick cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 10-20 minutes until fork tender, then remove and let cool. Lower oven temperature to 375° F.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté kale with olive oil and garlic. Season with pepper and lemon juice; cook until wilted and soft. Remove from heat.
- Place flatbread on a nonstick cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 2 minutes, then remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, mash butternut squash; spread on flatbread. Arrange kale evenly over squash, and top with goat cheese and pepitas. Bake for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove flatbread from oven, top with lemon zest, and serve immediately.