- 5 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, fresh, cut into large florets, stems cut into large chunks
- 1 Tbsp light butter
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked shallot(s), fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp raw lemon peel, thickly grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
Bring 1-inch of water to a boil in a large deep skillet. Add broccoli; cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
Melt butter in same skillet. Add shallots; cover and cook, stirring often until golden and tender, about 5 minutes.
Add broccoli, lemon peel, thyme, salt and pepper; toss over low heat until broccoli is coated and hot, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to serving bowl. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- If you don’t have fresh thyme on hand, don’t substitute dried, go without it or use fresh parsley instead.