Brandied chicken with summer fruits
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four 4-oz pieces
4 medium, very thinly sliced
2 medium clove(s), minced
4 fl oz
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
4 item(s), medium, peeled and sliced
2 item(s), medium, peeled and sliced
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg on a sheet of wax paper. Dredge chicken in mixture to coat all over.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a nonstick skillet, then add scallions and garlic. Sauté until soft. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in skillet.
- Add chicken and brown 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Stir in brandy, broth and sugar, then return scallions to pan. Bring to a boil, then add plums. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add nectarines and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.