Brandied Chicken with Summer Fruits
- Total Time
Boost the eye-appeal of this dish by being choosy when you pick your plums. Deep red ones take on a beautiful jewel-like tone when cooked.
all-purpose flour¼ cup(s)
all-purpose flour2 Tbsp
table salt½ tsp
black pepper½ tsp
ground nutmeg¼ tsp
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)1 pound(s), four 4-oz pieces
olive oil4 tsp
uncooked scallion(s)4 medium, very thinly sliced
garlic clove(s)2 clove(s), medium, minced
brandy4 fl oz
reduced-sodium chicken broth⅓ cup(s)
plum(s)4 item(s), medium, peeled and sliced
nectarine(s)2 item(s), medium, peeled and sliced
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg on a sheet of wax paper. Dredge chicken in mixture to coat all over.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a nonstick skillet, then add scallions and garlic. Sauté until soft. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in skillet.
- Add chicken and brown 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Stir in brandy, broth and sugar, then return scallions to pan. Bring to a boil, then add plums. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add nectarines and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.