Braised chicken with feta and olives
Uncooked skinless boneless chicken thigh(s)
20 oz, (4 5-oz. thighs), trimmed
1 small, halved and thinly sliced
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 medium, chopped
8 large, pitted, chopped
3 Tbsp, chopped
Crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook, turning once, until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes, and olives and bring to boil. Return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in basil.
- Divide chicken and sauce evenly among 4 plates. Sprinkle evenly with feta.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh, ½ cup sauce, and 1 tablespoon feta