Bow-Tie Pasta with Sausage and Escarole
- Total Time
uncooked bow tie pasta6 oz, (about 6 cups)
olive oil1 tsp
uncooked turkey sausage(s)½ pound(s), Italian, casings removed
uncooked onion(s)1 small, chopped
escarole8 cup(s), chopped
reduced-sodium chicken broth¾ cup(s)
garlic clove(s)4 medium clove(s), thinly sliced
canned diced tomatoes14 ½ oz, fire-roasted
red pepper flakes¼ tsp
grated parmigiano reggiano¼ cup(s)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Transfer to serving bowl and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion and cook, breaking sausage apart with wooden spoon, until sausage is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add escarole, broth, and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring often, until escarole is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper flakes and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Add sausage mixture to pasta and toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Serving size: 1½ cups pasta mixture and 2 teaspoons cheese