Blueberry breakfast tops
1¼ cup(s), or frozen and thawed
uncooked unenriched white cornmeal
3 Tbsp, melted
1 large, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss blueberries with sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, honey, butter and egg. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and beat thoroughly to combine; fold in berries.
- Place twelve 1/4 cup scoops of batter on prepared baking sheet about 2-inches apart. Bake until tops just start to turn golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Yields 1 per serving.