Blueberry Breakfast Tops
- Total Time
A cross between a muffin top and a scone. They’re great toasted or fresh out of the oven. Use blue cornmeal for a violet-hued treat.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
fresh blueberries1 ¼ cup(s), or frozen and thawed
all-purpose flour1 ¼ cup(s)
uncooked unenriched white cornmeal¾ cup(s)
baking powder1 Tbsp
baking soda¼ tsp
table salt¼ tsp
low-fat buttermilk1 cup(s)
unsalted butter3 Tbsp, melted
egg(s)1 large, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss blueberries with sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, honey, butter and egg. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and beat thoroughly to combine; fold in berries.
- Place twelve 1/4 cup scoops of batter on prepared baking sheet about 2-inches apart. Bake until tops just start to turn golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Yields 1 per serving.