- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cup(s) fresh blueberries, or frozen and thawed
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) uncooked unenriched white cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup(s) honey
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg(s), beaten
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, toss blueberries with sugar; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, honey, butter and egg. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and beat thoroughly to combine; fold in berries.
Place twelve 1/4 cup scoops of batter on prepared baking sheet about 2-inches apart. Bake until tops just start to turn golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Yields 1 per serving.
- Also great made with blackberries or raspberries, or a combination of berries.