Blue Cheese–Stuffed Buffalo Meatballs
Low fat cream cheese
2 oz, crumbled
Uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
Dry potato flakes
¾ tsp, divided
½ tsp, divided
½ small, grated on large holes of a box grater
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fat free buttermilk
1 Tbsp, thinly sliced
Hot pepper sauce
Apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cream cheese and blue cheese in a small bowl and mash together with a fork.
- Combine turkey, potato flakes, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, onion, and egg in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions. Flatten each portion slightly and place about ¾ tsp cheese mixture in the middle. Seal meat tightly around cheese and roll into a ball. Arrange meatballs on baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, buttermilk, chives, garlic powder, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Combine pepper sauce, vinegar, and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely and microwave on High until butter melts, about 1 minute. Transfer hot meatballs to bowl, and toss to coat with sauce. Serve meatballs with yogurt sauce.
- Serving size: 4 meatballs and about 2 Tbsp sauce