- Total Time
Just add a chopped tomato salad to these meatloaf-stuffed zucchini-boats and you’ve got a wonderfully filling meal.
cooking spray1 spray(s)
uncooked zucchini4 medium, cut in half lengthwise
egg(s)1 large, beaten
table salt½ tsp, divided
red pepper flakes¼ tsp
seasoned breadcrumbs2 Tbsp, divided
grated Parmesan cheese2 Tbsp, divided
fresh parsley1 Tbsp, Italian, minced
uncooked lean ground beef6 oz
olive oil1 tsp
table wine½ fl oz, red variety
lemon(s)¼ medium, cut into wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Scoop out seeds from zucchini; chop and reserve flesh. Arrange zucchini halves, cut side-up, in prepared pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, 1/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon cheese, parsley, beef and chopped zucchini flesh; mix well.
- Fill each zucchini half with a heaping tablespoon of beef mixture; spread into an even layer. Sprinkle beef with remaining tablespoon of bread crumbs; drizzle with oil and wine.
- Bake until beef is cooked through and zucchini is tender-crisp; about 30 minutes. Remove to a serving platter; garnish with remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and tablespoon of cheese. Serve with lemon wedges. Yields 2 zucchini halves per serving.