Beef, mushroom, and cheese enchiladas
14½ oz, (1 can), fire-roasted variety
Canned chicken broth
Dried ancho pepper(s)
2 item(s), or guajillo chiles, stems removed, seeds intact
7 item(s), (6-inch), soft variety
1 medium, chopped
½ cup(s), loosely packed fresh leaves with stems
4 medium clove(s), minced
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
½ pound(s), (7% fat or less)
1 medium, seeded and minced
½ pound(s), chopped
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
1 cup(s), blend variety
Plain lowfat yogurt
½ item(s), zest and juice
1 item(s), cut into wedges
¼ cup(s), chopped fresh
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 7 x 11-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 2 To make sauce, bring tomatoes, broth, and anchos to boil in saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Tear 1 tortilla into small pieces. Add to chile mixture and simmer 5 minutes. Let cool slightly. Puree chile mixture, 1/3 cup of onion, cilantro leaves with stems, and half of garlic in blender. Return sauce to pan and return to boil. Reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently, until reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 8 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3 To make filling, spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add beef, remaining onion, jalapeño, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, breaking up beef with spoon, until beef is browned, about 4 minutes. Add remaining garlic and the cumin; cook, stirring constantly, just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 4 Warm remaining 6 tortillas. Spread 3/4 cup sauce in bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon about 1/3 cup filling onto each tortilla and roll up jelly-roll style. Place enchiladas, seam side down, in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle evenly with cheese blend. Cover with foil and bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- 5 Meanwhile, stir together yogurt and lime zest and juice in small bowl. Transfer enchiladas to 6 plates; drizzle evenly with yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- Serving size: (1 enchilada)