BBQ chicken-veggie skewers with peaches and sweet potatoes
1 medium, pitted, cut into quarters
2 Tbsp, yellow variety
Apple cider vinegar
Packed light brown sugar
Liquid smoke flavoring
1½ tsp, about 5 splashes
Raw sweet potato(es)
2 medium, cut into 12 cubes each (about 1 lb total)
Fresh boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
1½ pound(s), cut into 36 [1-in] pieces
2 medium, ripe but firm, pitted, cut into 12 pieces each
1 large, cut into 24 pieces
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, cut into 24 pieces
- To make BBQ sauce, in a food processor or blender, combine quartered peach, mustard, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, table salt, cayenne, and liquid smoke; process until smooth. Loosen sauce with 1 to 2 tbsp water; set aside.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil; add potatoes and boil until tender, about 6 to 7 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- Place chicken in a bowl; toss with 2 tbsp BBQ sauce.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Using 8 (10- to 12-inch) skewers, alternately thread 3 pieces chicken and 2 pieces each sweet potato, peach, onion, and green pepper onto each skewer. Coat skewers with cooking spray; season with kosher salt. Grill skewers until chicken is cooked through, generously brushing with sauce a few times towards end of cooking, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Serving size: 2 skewers and 2 tbsp sauce