Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean pork tenderloin, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, or to taste, divided
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 item(s) reduced calorie hamburger roll(s)
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add pork slices in a single layer and season with salt and pepper; brown 2 minutes per side. Do not crowd; cook in batches if necessary. Remove pork and set aside. Add onion and garlic to skillet; sauté over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper to skillet; stir and simmer 1 minute. Add pork to skillet and spoon sauce over pork; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Divide pork among 4 buns, top with sauce from skillet and serve. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.