Banana-Nut Crumb Cake
- 14 oz unprepared banana cake mix
- 1 fl oz mineral water
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 1 large banana(s), ripe, mashed
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked quick oats
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, water, applesauce and egg whites in a large bowl. Stir about 50 strokes with a spoon until mix is moistened; pour into prepared pan.
- Combine banana, oats, sugar and walnuts in a medium bowl and mix well; drop by teaspoonfuls over cake batter.
- Bake until center is puffed and set, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces.