- Total Time
Moist and rich, this banana bread makes a great breakfast or snack. Enjoy it plain or toasted with reduced-fat cream cheese.
cooking spray3 spray(s)
banana(s)5 large, very ripe
whole wheat flour1 cup(s)
white all-purpose flour1 cup(s)
baking powder2 tsp
baking soda1 tsp
sea salt½ tsp
unsalted butter5 tsp, at room temperature
packed light brown sugar½ cup(s)
egg(s)1 large, at room temperature
fat free skim milk¼ cup(s), at room temperature
chopped walnuts½ cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a large loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Peel and mash 3 bananas. Peel and cut 2 bananas into small chunks. Set both aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together both types of flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat to incorporate.
- Alternating in batches, add mashed bananas, flour mixture and milk to bowl with butter mixture. Combine well but do not over beat; fold in walnuts and banana chunks.
- Turn batter into prepared pan; bake until a tester inserted in center of bread comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool more. Cut into 18 slices. Yields 1 slice per serving.