Baked Ricotta Puddings with Grapes
- Total Time
part-skim ricotta cheese1 ½ cup(s)
all-purpose flour2 Tbsp
egg(s)1 large, separated
lemon zest½ tsp, grated
vanilla extract½ tsp
egg white(s)1 large
spreadable fruit⅓ cup(s), Concord grape variety
grapes½ pound(s), red or green seedless variety, removed from stems
cooking spray6 spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 6 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups with nonstick spray.
- Combine ricotta, 2 tablespoons of sugar, the flour, egg yolk, lemon zest, and vanilla in food processor and puree. Transfer to large bowl.
- With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat egg whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold beaten egg whites into ricotta mixture, in three additions, until no streaks of white remain. Spoon evenly into prepared ramekins. Place ramekins in shallow baking pan and place in oven. Fill pan with enough boiling water to come halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake until puffed and golden, about 30 minutes. Place baking pan on wire rack and let puddings cool slightly.
- Just before serving, place spreadable fruit in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on High until melted, about 1 minute. Stir in grapes and microwave on High until grapes are warm, about 1 minute.
- Spoon grape mixture over puddings and serve at once.
- Per serving: 1 pudding and about 2 tablespoons grapes