Baked eggs in acorn squash with roasted peppers and dill
Uncooked acorn squash
2 small, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
½ tsp, or to taste
¼ tsp, freshly ground or to taste
Roasted red peppers (packed in water)
½ cup(s), diced
Crumbled feta cheese
1 tsp, fresh, minced
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut a thin slice off bottom of each squash half so it sits flat. Place squash halves, cut side up, on prepared pan and coat with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Roast until squash are just tender and a paring knife can pierce flesh without much resistance, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle squash halves with more salt and pepper (optional); crack an egg into each one. Evenly divide peppers over top.
- Return squash to oven; bake until eggs are set to your liking, about 15 minutes for a still-runny yolk and up to 20 for a set yolk. Sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp feta and some dill. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 1 squash half