Baked Eggs in Acorn Squash with Roasted Peppers & Dill
- Total Time
If your squash are large, feel free to crack two eggs into each squash half for extra protein.
uncooked acorn squash2 small, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
cooking spray2 spray(s)
kosher salt½ tsp, or to taste
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground or to taste
dried oregano¼ tsp
roasted red peppers (packed in water)½ cup(s), diced
crumbled feta cheese¼ cup(s)
dill1 tsp, fresh, minced
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut a thin slice off bottom of each squash half so it sits flat. Place squash halves, cut side up, on prepared pan and coat with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Roast until squash are just tender and a paring knife can pierce flesh without much resistance, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle squash halves with more salt and pepper (optional); crack an egg into each one. Evenly divide peppers over top.
- Return squash to oven; bake until eggs are set to your liking, about 15 minutes for a still-runny yolk and up to 20 for a set yolk. Sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp feta and some dill. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 1 squash half