Back-pocket salmon grilled on a plank
1 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
1 tsp, chopped
1 tsp, peeled, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp, plus 1 Tbsp extra for brushing on plank
Uncooked wild pink salmon fillet(s)
2 pound(s), or other type, with skin on
1 pinch, or to taste
- Soak the wood in a pot of water for 1 hour so it won’t catch fire when it goes onto the grill.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium.
- Stir the dill, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, mustard, and 1 tablespoon olive oil together. Rub this mix all over the salmon. Brush the wood on one side with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle it with salt. Place the fish skin side down on the oiled side of the plank, then wrap loosely with heavy-duty aluminum foil, leaving the back of the plank exposed.
- Lay the plank directly on the grate and grill the fish for 15 minutes. Let it rest for 15 minutes before unwrapping and serving.
- Serving size: 6 oz salmon