- 15 oz canned white beans, drained, 1/2 cup of bean liquid reserved
- 4 oz silken tofu, about 1/2 cup
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), halved
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked asparagus, spears, steamed
In a blender or food processor, combine beans, reserved bean liquid, tofu and onion; blend until smooth.
Spoon sauce into a small sauce pan and set over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in nutmeg; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place asparagus on a serving platter and top with sauce. Yields 1/4 of asparagus and about 1/2 cup of sauce per serving.