Asparagus and pea pancakes
½ pound(s), (thin), trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces
Uncooked green peas
½ cup(s), fresh, shelled, or frozen baby peas
Whole wheat flour
1 large egg(s)
2 medium, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp, chopped fresh
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
6 oz, (1 container)
Crumbled feta cheese
- Bring large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in asparagus and peas. Cook just until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain in colander and rinse under cold running water; drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- Whisk together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk and egg in medium bowl. Add buttermilk mixture, asparagus and peas, scallions, and 2 tablespoons of dill to flour mixture. Stir until just blended.
- Heat nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour batter by scant 1/3-cup measures onto griddle. Cook until bubbles begin to appear at edges of pancakes, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook until puffed and browned, about 2 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, feta, and remaining 1 tablespoon dill in small bowl. Serve pancakes with yogurt sauce.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes and 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce