- 1 tsp canola oil
- 3 medium uncooked scallion(s), thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper(s), seeded and diced
- 1/2 tsp ginger root, fresh, peeled and grated
- 1 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast, lean
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 8 leaf/leaves, large lettuce, Iceberg variety
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallions, bell pepper, and ginger; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
Add the turkey and chili powder; cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce.
Divide the turkey mixture evenly among the lettuce leaves; roll up tightly and serve at once. Yields 2 wraps per serving.
- We think ground turkey, with its rich flavor, is best suited to this dish, but you can use ground skinless lean chicken breast, if you prefer.