Asian-Spiced Salmon with Baby Bok Choy and Shiitakes (Family Meals)
Low sodium soy sauce
Dark sesame oil
1 Tbsp, (Asian)
3 medium clove(s), minced (1 tablespoon)
1 Tbsp, minced peeled fresh
½ tsp, or chili garlic sauce
Uncooked farmed Atlantic salmon skinless fillet(s)
24 oz, 4 (6-ounce fillets)
Baby bok choy
4 head(s), halved lengthwise
Fresh shiitake mushroom
½ pound(s), stemmed and caps halved
Shredded red cabbage
3 cup(s), lightly packed
2 medium, chopped
Unsalted toasted sesame seeds
- Stir together soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and sambal oelek in large bowl; add salmon and turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerate about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 450°F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil, spray with nonstick spray.
- Place salmon in center of one prepared baking sheet; reserve marinade. Add bok choy to marinade; toss until coated. Arrange bok choy around salmon in single layer. Add mushrooms and cabbage to marinade; toss until coated. Spread on second prepared baking sheet to form even layer.
- Place salmon on top rack and cabbage-mushroom mixture on bottom rack; roast until salmon is just opaque in center and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle salmon with scallions and sesame seeds; serve cabbage-mushroom mixture and bok choy alongside.
- Per serving: 1 salmon fillet and about 1 cup vegetables