Add more or less hot sauce depending on how much heat you can handle.
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 medium clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tsp sambal oelek, or to taste
- 4 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) water
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 8 oz Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cup(s) fresh shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 8 oz canned water chestnut(s), drained, sliced
- 4 head(s) uncooked bok choy, baby variety, roughly chopped
- 1 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), cut in matchsticks (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 cup(s) snow peas
- 1/3 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Heat oil in a large soup pot over low heat. Add ginger, garlic, and sambal oelek; cook, stirring frequently; 1-2 minutes.
Add broth, water, soy sauce and fish sauce; stir and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and stir in mushrooms and water chestnuts; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
Add bok choy, carrots and snow peas; stir and cook until vegetables are tender, 5 minutes.
Stir in scallions, cilantro and lime juice. Serve garnished with carrots, scallions and cilantro and a dash of sambal oelek, if desired.
Serving size: 1 c