Apricot Dessert Quesadillas
- 1/2 cup(s) low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp sugar, granulated
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 medium whole wheat tortilla(s)
- 4 medium fresh apricot(s), thinly sliced
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, granulated sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Spread 1/4 of cream cheese mixture on one half of each tortilla and top each with 1/4 of apricots; fold tortillas in half.
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas in skillet and cook until golden brown on bottom, about 4 to 5 minutes; carefully flip quesadillas and cook until browned on other side, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm; repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut each quesadilla in half and dust with powdered sugar. Yields 1 quesadilla half per serving.