African-style vegetable curry
Extra firm tofu
1 medium, chopped
2 medium clove(s), finely chopped
½ medium, seeded and finely chopped
1 tsp, grated, peeled fresh
Fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth
Canned diced tomatoes
Salted creamy peanut butter
Uncooked mustard greens
½ pound(s), trimmed and coarsely chopped
Unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Place tofu between 2 flat plates. Weight top plate with heavy can or cast-iron skillet until tofu bulges at sides but does not split. Let stand about 30 minutes; pour off excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes; spread to form single layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle tofu with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper and lightly spray with nonstick spray. Roast tofu until golden, stirring once, 20–25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, jalapeño, curry powder, and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth, tomatoes, peanut butter, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and bring to boil. Stir in mustard greens, in batches, and return to boil. Reduce heat and cook, covered, until greens are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tofu and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Spoon evenly into 4 dishes and sprinkle with peanuts.
- Per serving: 1 1/4 cups curry with 1/2 tablespoon peanuts