Satisfy big appetites in a hurry with this French-inspired bean and sausage meal.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray, or enough to coat skillet
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 8 oz low-fat sausage(s), smoked variety, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 30 oz canned great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canned tomato paste
- 1/2 cup(s) dried plain breadcrumbs
Coat a nonstick ovenproof skillet with cooking spray and heat. Add onion, garlic and kielbasa and sauté until onion is tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add thyme, broth, beans and tomato paste; simmer 10 minutes.
Sprinkle bread crumbs over beans. Place skillet under broiler until bread crumbs are browned, about 30 seconds. Yields about 1 3/4 cups per serving.