Whole roast spiced cauliflower
- Total Time
Make cauliflower the star of the show by coating in a delicious spiced yogurt coating and roasting whole
Coriander seeds1 teaspoons
Fennel Seeds1 teaspoons, level
Cumin seeds½ teaspoons, level
Chilli flakes½ teaspoons, level
Olive Oil1 teaspoons
0% fat natural Greek yogurt4 tablespoons
Lime Juice, Fresh1 teaspoons
Cauliflower, Raw1 portion(s), medium
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.
- Toast the coriander, fennel and cumin seeds in a frying pan for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a spice blender or pestle and mortar. Add the chilli and grind everything together as finely as you can.
- Add the garlic and oil to the seeds and chilli flakes. Crush to make a paste, mix with the yogurt and lime juice, and season.
- Remove all of the outer leaves from the cauliflower and cut the base so it sits flat. Brush the yogurt mixture all over the cauliflower making sure it’s thoroughly and evenly coated.
- Put the coated whole cauliflower in a casserole, cover and roast for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove the lid and return the cauliflower to the oven for another 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and the coating is golden brown. Break into large florets and serve.