Warm kale & chicken salad
800 g, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 medium, sliced
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
80 g, skin removed
1 tablespoons, level
80 g, baby leaf
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the squash on a baking tray, mist with cooking spray and season. Roast for 45 minutes until tender, turning halfway and adding the onion to the tin after 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Flatten the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of cling film using a rolling pin, then mist them with cooking spray. Griddle for 5 minutes on each side, until cooked. Cut into thick slices.
- In a mini food processor, blitz the chorizo to crumbs. Cook the chorizo in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat until it starts to release oil. Add the breadcrumbs to the pan and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes, until crisp.
- Whisk together the oil, mustard and vinegar, then season. Add to the kale, squash and onion, and toss to coat.
- Divide the salad between plates and serve topped with the griddled chicken and chorizo crumb mixture.