Veggie pad Thai with a satay dressing
Calorie controlled cooking spray
300 g, spiralised butternut squash
Ribbon Rice Noodles
4 medium, trimmed and finely sliced
100 g, torn
28 g, leaves picked and torn
30 g, chopped
Vinegar, All Types
2 tablespoons, rice vinegar
Reduced Fat Peanut Butter
60 g, (2 tablespoons)
Light Soy Sauce
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, chopped
- Put a non-stick frying pan or wok over a medium heat and mist with the cooking spray. Add the butternut squash noodles and cook, stirring gently every now and then to avoid them breaking up, for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are cooked but still firm.
- Add the rice noodles and cook, stirring gently, for a further 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce ingredients, along with 1 tablespoon water, until combined.
- Remove the frying pan or wok from the heat and add the spring onions, spinach and basil, tossing everything together and letting the heat from the noodles wilt the spinach.
- Divide the noodle mixture between plates and serve drizzled with the sauce and topped with the peanuts.