Veggie pad Thai with a satay dressing
- Total Time
A veggie version of the Thai restaurant favourite, this tasty dish is on the table in just 15 minutes.
Calorie controlled cooking spray4 spray(s)
Butternut Squash300 g, spiralised butternut squash
Sharwood's Ready to Wok Soft Ribbon Noodles300 g
Spring Onions4 medium, trimmed and finely sliced
Spinach100 g, torn
Basil, fresh28 g, leaves picked and torn
Unsalted Peanuts30 g, chopped
Vinegar, All Types2 tablespoons, rice vinegar
Reduced Fat Peanut Butter60 g, (2 tablespoons)
Blue Dragon Light Soy Sauce2 tablespoons
Chilli, Green or Red1 individual, chopped
- Put a non-stick frying pan or wok over a medium heat and mist with the cooking spray. Add the butternut squash noodles and cook, stirring gently every now and then to avoid them breaking up, for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are cooked but still firm.
- Add the rice noodles and cook, stirring gently, for a further 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce ingredients, along with 1 tablespoon water, until combined.
- Remove the frying pan or wok from the heat and add the spring onions, spinach and basil, tossing everything together and letting the heat from the noodles wilt the spinach.
- Divide the noodle mixture between plates and serve drizzled with the sauce and topped with the peanuts.