Vegan choc chip cupcakes
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Califia Unsweetened Almond & Vanilla Drink
White Wine Vinegar
Gluten & Wheat Free White Self-Raising Flour Blend
2 teaspoons, level
Bicarbonate of Soda
½ teaspoons, level
Light Brown Sugar
15 ml, melted and cooled
1 teaspoons, level
Dr Oetker 54% Dark Chocolate Bar
60 g, chopped into very small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Mist a 12-hole cupcake or muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Put the almond milk into a jug, add the vinegar and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda, then stir in the sugar. Make a well in the centre of the mixture and add the almond milk mixture, coconut oil and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Reserve 20g of the chocolate to scatter over the tops before baking, then fold the rest into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin and scatter over the reserved chocolate. Bake for 20 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cupcake comes out clean (it may have melted chocolate on it, but make sure it doesn’t have raw batter clinging to it).
- Serve warm, or cool on a wire rack before eating.