Turkey-breast roulade with spinach & dill
Arborio rice, dry
1 medium, finely chopped
2 teaspoons, level
¾ teaspoon, level
75 g, crumbled
3 tablespoons, finely chopped
1 zest(s) of 1
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
Turkey Breast, Skinless, raw
900 g, butterflied and flattened to about 1.5cm thickness
Low Fat Spread
Bay leaf, dry
- Cook the rice, according to the pack instructions, until tender. Meanwhile, on a chopping board, finely chop the garlic, sprinkle with salt and crush into a paste. Set aside.
- In a large, wide pan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the spinach, carrot and 1 tsp water. Season and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the garlic, 1 tsp oregano and coriander. Spread the spinach mixture on a large plate to cool. Meanwhile, drain the rice, spread it on another large plate, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- When ready, using your hands and a clean tea towel, squeeze any excess liquid from the spinach mixture and transfer to a cutting board. Coarsely chop and place into a large bowl along with the cooled rice, feta, 2 tbsp of the dill, the zest and the egg and combine well. Season well.
- Lay out the turkey breast flat on a board and season. Spread the spinach filling across it, leaving a good 1cm border. Taking one of the longer sides, roll up the turkey like a swiss roll, as tightly as possible. Secure with kitchen string.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. In a small pan, combine the low-fat spread, bay leaves, remaining dill and oregano, and season with black pepper. Cook gently over a medium-low heat until the spread is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Place the roulade in a baking dish. Brush with the spread mixture and season well. Tuck the bay leaves under the string and roast in the middle of the oven for 40-45 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven, transfer to a board and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Slice thinly, crosswise, to serve.