Tofu veggie kebabs with peanut-sriracha sauce
4 medium, trimmed, halved
150 g, florets
396 g, drained well
Peanut Butter Powder
18 g, 3 tbsp
1½ tablespoons, white, paste
Lime Juice, Fresh
1 teaspoons, toasted
Calorie controlled cooking spray
½ tablespoons, toasted, to serve
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to a boil over a high heat. Cook the radishes for 5 minutes, then add the broccoli and cook for another minute. Drain, then cool under cold running water and drain again. Pat dry using kitchen paper.
- Pat the tofu block dry using kitchen paper, then cut into 12 small cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the powdered peanut butter and 2-2½ tbsp water until a smooth paste forms. Stir in the ketchup, miso paste, lime juice, soy sauce, sriracha and sesame oil.
- Thread 2 radish halves, 2 broccoli florets and 3 tofu cubes alternately onto a 25cm skewer (see cook’s tip). Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 skewers.
- Prepare a barbecue. Make sure the grill rack is clean, then heat to medium-high. Brush the sauce over the skewers on one side, then mist with cooking spray. Grill, sauce-side down, for 2-3 minutes. Brush the other side with sauce, turn and grill for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and brush over any remaining sauce, then scatter over the sesame seeds to serve.