Tofu & mushroom stir-fry with sesame noodles
1 teaspoon(s), grated
Egg noodles, dry
180 g, medium
Calorie controlled cooking spray
200 g, shiitake or chestnut, larger ones, halved
6 medium, 1 finely sliced, the others cut into 3cm pieces
2 clove(s), crushed
1½ inch slice(s), grated
Lemon grass stems
½ stem, outer layers removed and the stem very finely chopped
Chilli, green or red
2 individual, green, deseeded, 1 finely chopped,1 sliced
½ zest(s) of 1, finely grated
1 medium, cut into wedges, to serve
- Drain the tofu, wrap it in kitchen paper and put it on a plate. Top with another plate and settle a few full food tins on top. Leave for 10 minutes, then remove the paper towel and cut the tofu into 3cm cubes.
- Cook the noodles to pack instructions, drain well then toss with the sesame seeds and set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick wok with cooking spray, set over a high heat and fry the tofu for 3-4 minutes, until brown on all sides, then transfer to a plate. In a small ramekin, combine 2 tbsps soy sauce, pinch of chilli flakes and 1 tsp grated ginger, set aside.
- Mist the wok with more cooking spray, then fry the mushrooms and spring onion pieces for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chopped chilli and cook for another minute. Add the lime zest and soy ginger mixture and toss together, then stir through the noodles.
- Serve the noodles topped with the tofu, the sliced spring onion and sliced chilli, with the lime wedges on the side.