Thai spiced mussels with coconut & chilli broth
Mussels weighed with Shells
Chilli, Green or Red
1 inch slice(s)
Lemon Grass Stems
Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, Canned
Knorr Fish Stock Pot
½ pot(s), unprepared, make up with 150ml of hot water
Light Brown Sugar
Thai Fish Sauce
Lime Juice, Fresh
1 medium, zest
- Scrub the mussels, tug away any beards and discard any that are cracked or don’t close when tapped gently on the kitchen counter. Roughly chop the coriander and mint leaves; then chop the coriander stalks.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the spring onions, garlic, chilli and ginger for 1-2 minutes. Add the coriander stalks and reduce the heat to low.
- Meanwhile, trim the lemon grass and peel and discard the outermost layer. Bash with a rolling pin, then chop finely and add to the pan.
- Stir in the coconut milk, stock, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and zest. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and add the mussels. Cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the mussels have opened. Discard any that remain shut. Stir through most of the coriander and mint leaves
- Divide between large bowls and serve garnished with the remaining coriander and mint.