SmartPoints® value per serving
100 g, golden
White bread, sliced
150 g, (weight after crusts have been removed from 8 slices bread)
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
150 g, to serve
- Put 100g golden caster sugar and 75ml water in a large pan set over a low heat. Cook until the sugar has dissolved, then increase the heat and gently boil for 3-4 minutes until syrupy.
- Remove from the heat and add 350g raspberries, 350g blackberries and 350g hulled and quartered strawberries, then set aside to cool.
- Trim the crusts from 8 slices white bread. Using a small round cutter, cut a circle from 1 of the trimmed slices to fit the bottom of a 1.2-litre pudding basin lined with clingfilm. Line the sides of the basin with 5 of the bread slices, overlapping the layers so there are no gaps.
- Drain the fruit, reserving the syrup, and add to the basin. Spoon over 2 tablespoons of the reserved syrup.
- Cover the fruit with the remaining bread, then cover with the edges of the clingfilm. Put a saucer on top of the basin and put a heavy object on top, such as tinned food.
- Transfer the basin to a shallow dish and chill for 6 hours, or overnight. Turn the pudding out onto a serving plate and brush any white areas with syrup, then top with 150g mixed berries.
- Serve with the remaining syrup and 150g 0% fat natural Greek yogurt.