Strawberry syrup cake
Low Fat Spread
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
1 teaspoons, level
White Self Raising Flour
Tesco Low Fat Greek Style Natural Yogurt
Medium fat soft cheese
3 tablespoons, level
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Mist a 450g loaf tin with cooking spray and line with baking paper.
- Put the sugar and low-fat spread into a large mixing bowl and beat together until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition, then fold in the low-fat natural Greek yogurt and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and carefully fold through. Put into the prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cooked cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make a strawberry compote, put half of the strawberries in a pan with half of the agave syrup and 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil over a medium heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until the strawberries have broken down completely. Use a hand blender to blitz to a purée, then pass the mixture through a fine sieve. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, soft cheese and remaining agave syrup, then spread over the top of the cake, using a palette knife.
- Decorate the top of the cake with the remaining strawberries, then drizzle over the compote.