Sticky date & oat flapjacks
PersonalPoints™ per serving
These flapjack-style cakes are delicious served warm, or cold as a tea time or lunchbox treat.
150 ml, boiling
1 teaspoons, level
Low Fat Spread
Light Brown Sugar
225 g, stoned and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Line the base of a 20 cm (8-inch), square, shallow tin with greaseproof paper or baking parchment.
- Place the dates in a heatproof bowl and pour on the boiling water. Leave to stand and soften for 15 minutes. Add the vanilla essence and beat to a smooth puree.
- Gently melt the spread in a saucepan, or in a bowl in a microwave oven. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Spoon half of the oat mixture in the tin, pressing it down well with the back of a wooden spoon. Spread the date puree over the base and top with the remaining oat mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface is golden. Allow the mixture to cool in the tin before cutting into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container.